Monday, April 28, 2014

Hello there Family | week 82


snakes. I thought of you dad!

Hey family!
Thanks Dad for the email! I am glad you got to share my message with grandma Jeannette. My prayers have been with her. It sounds like life keeps pressing on! Mom, I hope that you remember to take time for yourself :) I am so excited to talk to you soon! It has come so quickly, I can't believe it.
We had a good week of lots of hard work. Elder T and I have been working our booties off here in Benson. We are still trying to get the work here moving at full speed. Sometimes it just takes time, and work. We are seeing miracles though. I have learned alot about diligence as a missionary. It is a vital principle in our lives as missionaries. We must never give up, and we never do. It is always worth every effort. I have learned that lesson over and over again out here in the mission field.
Elder T and I have become real good friends. We laugh alot, and work very hard.

We went to the temple this week! Oh, it was so wonderful. I cherish the time we get to spend there. I truly know that it is the Lord's house. I feel his presence there. It is tangible, and it always helps me so much. I always receive answers to my prayers, and so much strength there. There is power in the ordinances of the temple. I hope to make temple attendance a habit of my entire life.
We are teaching a family named the A's. They are actually 3 cousins that live together, and it has been really fun teaching them. They have really good, challenging questions, so they keep us on our toes. Last night we were able to teach them about the plan of salvation. I love teaching people about that great plan.
Elder T and I have been working out every morning very early at a cross fit gym. It has been kicking my butt!!! But it's great, because I need it. I actually have really enjoyed it. I am going to find a cross fit gym when I get home. I have already seen a huge difference in just 2 weeks.
I am so grateful for the blessing of being able to serve every single day here in the mission field. I have loved every moment. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have come to understand so many things. My perspective has changed greatly.
We had a really cool referral yesterday. We were just leaving church, and a member pulled us aside. This member named D, was a bit less active so we went by to visit him. We shared a message with him, and his fellow rock band members were there. We invited them to learn about the gospel, but they declined. Well that was a couple weeks ago, and D came up to us today, and said that his friend was so touched by our message, that he has been very preoccupied about it. Now his friend told Derek that he wants to start taking the missionary lessons. It is a very simple thing, but I was touched to know that sometimes we don't know how much of an effect we are making. Sometimes we tend to doubt our ability to help people, but it is by small and simple means that great things happen.
I know that my Redeemer lives! I truly do. I got to sing that song in sacrament meeting this week, and I thought about that phrase alot this week. I think I love that song so much because it is a testimony. It is my testimony. Don't be afraid to bear it!

I love you all so much!
love 

Elder Hughes











No comments:

Post a Comment