Monday, April 7, 2014

April Sun brings more May Sun | week 79


Hey there family!!!!

I hope that you are all doing well in Cali! I have been thinking about you mucho! I hope that all is well!

It has been a wonderful week of spiritual feasting!!!! We have been incredibly busy. There are just not enough hours in the day... It was a marvelous conference weekend!!! I loved every moment. My questions and prayers were answered and my testimony strengthened by the words of our prophet and apostles. What a privilege it is to be a part of this restored church!! I don't even think I can pin down my favorite part. Some of my take away's are that we have been asked to defend our faith with courage and love, the day's ahead may test that. Also that God loves his children so very much. He is aware of us, and he knows us. Obedience is key to all that we do. And also that we should have hearts filled with gratitude for our many blessings. I hope that each of you had the chance to feast! 

We also had MLC this week. It was wonderful. It is always great to be instructed by our leaders. I also love it, because I have many really good friends there with me. 

It has been a very busy week for us this week. Time is flying by. We are preparing for 4 baptisms this coming weekend! That makes me so very happy! A, D, A, and A are all going to enter the waters of baptism! I am so excited for each of them. I am so proud of them. It has not been any easy road for any of them. So we are going to be very busy getting all of that ready!

We had a mini missionary with us this week! It was really great! He was actually a not-so-mini-missionary, he has a football scholarship to the UofA so he wasn't real mini haha. It was an amazing experience for all of us! He is a convert of 3 years, and is in the final stages of his mission papers. He was very open about how before he came, he was doubting alot if he should come on a mission. He almost decided not to go. We had many amazing experiences with him as we taught all of our investigators and shared with him the joy of missionary service. It was great. He loved it, and it helped him commit to serving the Lord. It was a joyful time! He pointed out some wonderful things that sometimes we forget after many months. One was easy it is to love others, even people we don't know as missionaries. It is so true! I love all the people I am teaching so much! 

D is still going strong, and is set to get baptized on Saturday! It has been a very interesting road with her, and I am so excited for her! She is a very strong woman of faith. 

A has also faced many obstacles, but is doing so well! He is set to get married on Thur and get baptized on Saturday! It has been a miracle to really see all of it come together. He gets really anxious, so we are hoping to do all we can to help him calm his nerves.

I got april fooled this week haha. Elder P, my dear friend is in our zone, and he texted me to tell me their car got stolen, I got all concerned, and was about to call the mission office, when I found out it was all a big joke haha. It was pretty good. I am a big sucker sometimes for those things :)

I have a challenge for you! Actually it isn't my challenge at all, it is Elder Ballard's but I double challenge you! Elder Ballard has asked us all to study preach my gospel, the missionary manual. I can testify of the power of that manual. It is perhaps the most inspired manual in the church. It is wonderful!! He even specifically challenged the families of missionaries to learn about what we are doing by studying it. I promise you that if you do, you will see miracles in your lives and you will affect others for eternity! If you don't believe me, take it from an apostle (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2014/04?lang=eng&vid=3438207527001&cid=5)

The work is rolling forward here! I am so glad to have been even a small part of it. There are many other people we have met, are visiting, and doing all we can to help. I never have much time to talk about even the smallest part of our work. This is the last week of the transfer, and my companion will most likely be getting transferred. It has FLOWN by. I cannot believe it. The Lord has blessed us so much. I am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with. I marvel sometimes at it. Each of you are counted as some of my highest blessings. I love you all so much and miss you! I am so grateful for this church, and gospel. Without it, we would be lost. I am so very grateful for the Savior. His life and sacrifice have literally changed my entire life. I hope that our lives show how grateful we are for him.

I love you all so much! 

MUCHO AMOR

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment