Monday, July 22, 2013

Turn on the Font | week 42


Taylor's run for Heidi this month

HOLA FAMILIA!!!!

I had to smile as I read of the most recent Hughes family adventure. We always seemed to have weird things happen haha. It is good to know that it continues on without Tanner and I's presence. We wouldn't want any normal trips to Utah :) I am right there with ya in knowing that there must have been a reason. My testimony and belief that there are no such things as coincidences has been increased alot here on a mission. There are no coincidences. I am grateful that the Lord is watching out for you guys. I pray for that every single night.

I also found my card and card reader.... of course that always happens right after I give in and ask for a new one haha. The library found it. soooooooo I now will have an extra. Knowing myself that is probably good. haha I am excited for the music. I love getting new music.

Scout camp was a success, that is awesome. I still have many memories from those outings, and now we are all out serving another kind of outing. haha wilderness survival.... yeah, I feel ya buddy. way to go man.

That is awesome that the trek went well. Way to be a leader and tough through it Rilo. Believe me, you will use those skills every single day here in the mission field. That is why I think trek is awesome is that it teaches all of us that we can do hard things. Some of the many hard experiences of my life have taught me the very most. This last summer being one of them. When things are the hardest, we prove ourselves. The Lord wants us to be strong. We won't learn that sitting on the couch eating popcorn. 

Have a BLAST in lake powell. I would love to join you, but I do have to say I love being a missionary so much and I love the joy that comes with it so much that it makes it all worth it. 

As for this week in Nogales. It has been another week of miracles. I really really love this place and the work that is happening here. Truly when we do all the Lord asks of us, and do our very best, and push through the doubt and fear, he comes in and blesses us. I have learned that lesson over and over again here.

Our three most promising investigators haven't changed since last week. They are all doing amazing. 

The most amazing of all is R. Oh my goodness how I wish you guys could meet him and see the change that I have witness before my very eyes. I cannot stop smiling when I am with him. It has been a week of true miracles with him. This week we finally came to the most amazing part of all in missionary work, when our investigators receive a testimony of the truth. This was that week for Roger. Every day we have had powerful moments with him. He is so prepared. So in order to be baptized someone has to live the word of wisdom for 2 weeks. We actually didn't know about the time requirement and found out about it on Thur. We asked him how long he has stopped for. He had stopped 5 days earlier. So that night we threw away for him all of the existing word of wisdom things in his house. He has so much faith it is awesome. Last night we had an amazing lesson with him again. He is so ready. We even have him going on family history work and he has been spreading the gospel to his friends. It makes me so happy and joyful to be a part of this with him. It has truly been a miracle. I don't have the words to really describe it all. He is getting baptized this Saturday at 10 AM. I am so excited. All though it is hard to believe, I think he is even more excited than we are, which blows me away. 

Ig is also doing really really well. We are in the home stretch week with him as well. He is getting baptized on the 3rd. He is doing super well. The thing I love most of all with Ignacio is his prayers. He truly prays. He has no vain repetitions. Elder G and I were laughing that whenever we want to know what Ig is thinking we just need to have him pray. He gives some of the most beautiful heartfelt prayers. It has inspired me to make my own prayers better. Ig's family is also getting involved on everything. We are now teaching his little sister and brother and his parents told Ignacio that they want to come to church as well. It is awesome.

We have found alot of new investigators this week as well. It just means that we have to weed through them all and see who is really interested. That is a challenge here.

This coming week is going to be really busy. The time is flying by. I love this work so much.

I have to share something that I learned yesterday. It amazes me how the spirit can come in and teach us. In sacrament meeting a sister was playing a beautiful piano solo. I was pondering and reflecting on alot of things while she was playing. I felt the feelings that the spirit always gives me. I thought about how those feelings feel like home. The joy and peace of home. Just then the spirit whispered into my mind this one sentence, that I immediately wrote down. "Home is wherever you walk with the Savior." How true that is. I miss you all and I miss home, but home can be wherever we are, when the Savior is with us. And he truly is with us. Of that I know. One day we will all really return home to our heavenly home. That will be the best homecoming of all. The spirit truly gives us everything we need when we open our ears and hearts and eyes to see it. I love you all so much. You have all taught me what a true home is really like. I feel of your prayers. 

Have an awesome week. Tell all of the family hello and that I love them. Give all my cousins a big hug and high five for me. Tell all my aunts and uncles that I love them and wish I could be with them. Give grandma and grandpa a big hug for me as well, they are some of my best friends. I love all of you so much. Have an awesome week. I am so excited for mine. The church is true. Tell all of our family that as well. It really really is.

Love, 

your son, nephew, grandson, brother, cousin, and friend

Elder Hughes

PS I want to see lots of pictures!!!

PSS Since you have all of the family as your captive audience. Tell them that I would LOVE to hear from them all! Otherwise I have literally no idea what is going on in their lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment