Sunday, April 7, 2013

6 month mark | week 26


Hola Familia!!!!!!

I am here coming to you from good old NOGALES, Arizona. It sure feels like Mexico though haha.

Sorry the letter is a day late. Transfer day yesterday was insane, and by the time I got here the library was closed. So that is why you are getting an email today.

Thank you for your letter this week. You guys sound really busy. I have been as well. It was wonderful to hear more about the miracles and experiences you guys have been witnessing at home. I have continued to reflect on all that Heidi was able to do in her life here. I am so grateful for this gospel. San Francisco looked awesome. I love those Giants. I wish I could have been there with you guys. It was great to see pictures of you guys. I love you all so much. 

So tuesday was transfer day. It was an insane day. Transfer days always are. I was sad to leave Duncan, because of the many memories I was able to be a part of there. I went around and said goodbye to as many people as I could. I love the people there so much. I know that the Lord needed me there for a time. It never ceases to amaze me how his hand is in the work that we do. He truly is at the head of this work. I have found as a missionary as we are in the service of others I have found a greater capacity to love others than I have ever felt in my life. That is why I love being a missionary so much. The time is flying by WAY too fast. I want it to slow down.

I got to Tucson and met my new companion Elder W. He is a great kid. He is from Portland Oregon. He just finished training, so we are both pretty new. I am excited to work with him. I have such a great feeling about the work here in Nogales. I haven't even met hardly anyone yet, but I just have this feeling like the work is going to be really good here. There has been lots of success in the past. Our area is basically the North half of Nogales. There is an English ward and a Spanish branch that meet here, with 8 missionaries covering the two wards. My good friend Elder D is my District Leader here. We were together in our district in the MTC. I love that guy. I was so excited to find out he is here with us. Elder D and his companion, the zone leaders, Hermana's and us all work together in the wards here alot.

I am going to be able to use spanish ALOT here, which is really exciting. I am a bit nervous, but I am so excited to really learn it. We have alot of potential people to work with and will be really busy.

I am excited for the new challenges and miracles that I will be able to see here. It is such an exciting time to be a missionary. 

This weekend is general conference, and I am SO excited. What an amazing opportunity we all have to drop everything and listen to the words of apostles and prophets. I know that if we all go into this weekend with specific questions in our hearts, the Lord will answer them through his servants. I know I am going to have a list of my own. I know that President Monson truly is a prophet of God. I think for me that is something that I have never doubted. Listen to all of their words this weekend. I will be listening with you. The spirit can unite us all through that.

I am so excited to be in my new area. I have over used that word excited, but that is really how I feel. I love this gospel, and I love all of you. Thank you so much for your love and support, I feel your prayers. I know the Savior lives and loves us.

LOVE 

Elder Hughes





No comments:

Post a Comment