Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hola familia!! Soy buenisimo aqui en 'NOGI' | week 27


HOLA FAMILIA!!!!

It was so good to get all of your emails this week. What an exciting week it has been. I will start by answering your questions dad ;)

Nogales is awesome. I really like it here. The food is SOOO good. I have had some amazing mexican food. The people here know how to do mexican food the right way. I love it all. I live in kind of like a condo, it is really nice. One of the nicest apartments in the mission. It is sweet. I will send pictures once I buy myself a new camera charger today. (Usual Taylor I lost it haha). The spanish is going well. I have alot to learn, but I am loving being able to practice it so much here. I really love speaking in Spanish. I am at the point where I know enough to be able to communicate pretty well. I have alot to learn, but it will come with time. I am just grateful that I get to practice it so much here. The bike is great. I really like biking as a missionary.

As for the work this week. Transfer weeks are a bit crazy, but it was a really good week for us. We found 4 new investigators this week. The Lord is blessing us here. The guy I am most excited about is a kid we found this week named I. He is so awesome. He has been coming to church and mutual for a while with his friends from high school. He is 18, and he is so golden. Everytime I think about it I get so excited. We taught him the first lesson this week, and ended up teaching him and his uncle, sister, and little brother as well. We are really excited about continuing to teach him. He told his friends that he wants to be baptized and serve a mission, it doesn't get much better than that for us. We also contacted a referral that we got from the church's referral system. His name is I. Really cool guy. He has some mormon friends, and I think he was expecting us to show up one day, he started laughing when we knocked on his door. We are going to have a lesson with him this week as well. One cool experience we had this week was with one of our new investigators named D. She has had a really tough life. Many times as a missionary that is what we have to do as a missionary is just listen to people for a while. Many people have burdens, and in order to know how to teach them, I have learned how important it is to listen. We listened to her for a while, and then she asked us to pray for her. We of course said we would pray for her. Then I felt prompted to teach her how to pray. It has to be one of the most wonderful feelings in the world to teach someone how to pray for the first time. I taught her the steps, and then I offered a prayer so that she could see an example. We take for granted things so simple as prayer. We all felt the spirit.

We are working with alot of other potential investigators and investigators and less actives here. The field is white here in Nogales. I am excited to be a part of it. We are really busy which is great.

General conference was soooo awesome. We belong to the true church. The spirit touched me so many times. I am so grateful that we have a living prophet today. I thought about you guys during priesthood session. Dad, Riley, Z man, Tanner, and I were all watching it at the same time. I was so inspired by conference. I gained so much from it. I loved Richard G. Scott's talk on Sat. He talked about having a loving and christ centered home. I am so grateful to you mom and dad for the christ centered home that I was raised in. Our home was and is a bit of heaven on earth. Thank you for making it that way. We must go out and serve others. That is the true way to find happiness. I love the focus that President Monson put on obedience. When we are obedient, we are happy. That is as simple as it gets. There was so much talk about missionary work. As you can imagine as missionaries we love that. There is truly no greater work. I love serving the Lord. It is such an exciting time to be serving.

I love you guys so much. Our family is THE most wonderful blessing that God has given me. I love this work. Stay strong in all that you do. Remember the things that matter most. It is easy to let other things get in the way.

Thank you for the Easter package last week also. I completely forgot to say thank you last week. I loved it. I love my ties. I wear them all the time. 

Last but not least. FELIZ CUMPLEANOS to the best mom and little brother named zach in the whole world. I love you both so much. Mom I know you are turning 27 like you always say haha. And Z man I cannot believe you are gonna be 13! I wish I could give you both a hug for your birthday.

I love you all, and more importantly I know the Savior loves each of us more than we know. Until next week.

Love 

Elder Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment