Monday, February 25, 2013

Another week down! | Week 21


Hello Family!!
What a wonderful sight, I got letters from all of you guys!! I love reading your guy's letters so much. Thank you for your love and support. I love hearing about all that you guys are doing even if it is simple details. I love you guys so much.
It sounds like everything is life as normal in Rock Town. That sounds so exciting about the RHS basketball. I remember when they went to arco years back, it was so exciting. Z man I loved your spanish, keep up the good work man! I can't wait to come back and go skiing with you guys. That is awesome that your weekly letters help you with some reflection mom. I need that all the time. Sometimes as a missionary things go nonstop and I have to take a step back and evaluate as well. I laughed so hard at what you said about sending pictures haha. It really is insane. I have tried so many times on these stupid computers here and I can't get it to work. I will send you the sd card soon. I am so horrible at taking pictures. I think once I can send them, I will take lots more.
About the work this week! It was a pretty good week! It takes a bit to get back in the swing of things with a new companion, but it is going well! It was a pretty normal week. I was racking my brains earlier today to think about my week. Thank goodness for journals, sometimes I really don't feel like writing in mine every night when I am tired, BUT I am determined to stick to it. Tons of missionaries give up and stop doing it, but I am not! They help me remember alot about my weeks. We continued to work alot with S this week. She is our most promising investigator. She is awesome. They came to church this week and it went really well. So we are really excited about them. We taught them about the Book of Mormon this week. I have learned SO much about how the Book of Mormon truly is our most powerful tool in missionary work. I love testifying of it.
Besides S we are struggling with alot of our other investigators. Sometimes it can be so tricky trying to help people progress in the process of coming into the gospel. BUT one thing about missionaries that probably drives people nuts is we don't give up haha. We said it would probably scare people that we teach how much we talk about and pray about them. Our whole mission is to invite and help these people to come unto christ and feel the joy that I have felt as I have done that.
A has been working 12 hour shifts all week and so we haven't been able to see him yet and talk about his baptism!! I am soooooooooo excited for this week to be able to meet with him. We called him this week and he is so funny. He said "I think you have the wrong number..." I was shocked and as my usual gullible self bought into it. Then he said "Because I am a NEW A!" I love that man so much. I can't wait to visit with him this week.
We continue to press forward. Elder L is great. He is pretty much the complete opposite of Elder Z in every way haha. But he is a super funny real laid back guy. I just have to keep him motivated :) Sometimes it can be tough for missionaries right at the end of their missions.
Sister Rapier's son came home from his mission this week. He gave an awesome talk. It made me realize how short my time is. I have to give it my all every day. I try to do that every day, to get on my knees and promise heavenly father that TODAY I will give it all I've got. It can be easy to slip into a routine and forget how exciting it is to be a missionary. Sometimes I still can't believe it when I put my tag on.
We got to do lots of service this week, which I love to do. I also need to love putting sunscreen on every day, because I got roasted. It is nice and warm here now. Although earlier on in the week it snowed like half an inch! Bipolar weather.
I tracted for the first time this week! It is definitely not the most productive way of doing missionary work, but sometimes that is our only option in the afternoon when everyone we teach and all the members are at work and school. It flooded back all the memories of this summer to knock doors haha. I realized that although this summer was it's own form of torture haha I learned so much from it. It definitely takes alot to phase me when it comes to tracting. They do alot more tracting in Tucson than out here, but I know what I learned this summer will come in handy in that part of missionary work.
We visited lots of Inactive members this week. I used to be apprehensive about that. It seemed awkward to me, but now I really like to. We had some wonderful visits with people. Sometimes going out for the rescue of those that have wandered is the most important work we can do.
We went hiking and exploring today in Clifton in some of this little slot canyons that are pretty cool.
I highly recommend a CD called the Nashville tribute to Joseph Smith. Elder L has it, and it is awesome.
Mom! I would love to see some more of your photography work you have done! Send me some pics!
I realized the two week difference between Tanner and I as well last week. HMMMMMM I'm not sure about it. I think it would be awesome to come home on the same flight. BUT that is far far away :) I like focusing on who I am still out here to find :)

I love you guys so much. This week I have thought alot about being positive and loving with people. This world is full of so much negativity. We could all have a full line up of people pointing fingers and bad mouthing all of us. We also ourselves line up and dish out the same negativity. I have thought so much about the Savior. He always lifted people up. No matter what sins or weaknesses or imperfections we have, he is truly a perfect helper. He builds us up always. I have tried to recommit myself to always building people up. We all have things that bug us about others, but talking about them never changes anything. The pure love of Christ blesses us all no matter what. He asks us to do the same for others. SMILE! Life is good!
I love you guys so much. I can never say that enough. I tell people all the time about how amazing my family is. I love how close we are all to each other. Give everyone my love! Until next week!
LOVE
Elder Hughes

PS Mother's day is getting closer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment