Sunday, January 27, 2013

Hello again familia!!!! | Week 16


Hola Hola Hola
Happy Tuesday! Sorry this is a day late, whenever there are holidays the library is closed which means no letters :) I am doing wonderful here in Duncan. It finally feels like what I thought an Arizona winter would feel like 65 degrees and beautiful! We are so glad. I loved your letter as usual. Mom I am so jealous of your many viewings of Les Miserables, we will have a great time watching it in october 2014 :) Wow this is a BIG week for our family. Rilo, HAPPY BIRTHDAY or feliz cumpleanos in spanish :) I love you, and hope your birthday is awesome. AND the two greatest parents in the whole world are having their anniversary. Wow 21 years of our family being together. I love you all so much. Yes, mom my whole life has been filled with wonderful memories of growing up in your loving home. I am SO grateful. I reflect all the time and even smile and laugh to myself about some of the amazing times we have all had together, and the future will be full of many more!! I am SO pumped for Sheldon, he will do awesome! And Rachel also, wow Rocklin 1st ward is reppin all over the world. Tell her I am so excited for her and that she will be an awesome missionary! I love that talk by President Uchdorf as well. He is a very inspired man. If you want to hear an awesome talk listen to his CES devotional from this January it is great.
Well as for Duncan, this last week was kind of a tough one. We faced alot of probably my least favorite thing about missionary work, dropped appointments. Almost all of our lessons canceled this week which was a bummer. We prepare for lessons and even make refreshments for FHE's and sometimes nothing works out haha. So that was kind of the story of our week, but the week ended well and we are really excited about the future. Our investigator A who's family is all members is getting baptized February 17, and we are sooooo excited. Their family is so awesome. I love them so much. They came to church on Sunday and it was so great. He is getting baptized in El Paso, so there is a .01% chance that we will be able to go, which we are bummed about but we are so happy for them. They are some of the funniest and nicest people I have ever met. We also are teaching S a Spanish guy that is really cool. We are teaching a couple other investigators and less active members so we are staying busy, which is just the way I like it. So much of missionary work is about being proactive. That is one of the first things that I have learned out here, that if we don't make anything happen nothing will happen.
We see all kinds of wildlife here in the desert. Google Javelina Pigs. They are the wierdest animals ever. They are pretty much a rat pig hybrid and they are all over the place. We see coyotes all the time as well.
We got to do service this week for a lady named B. She is very poor, many many people live in poverty here. I am so grateful for opportunities to help people. We helped her clean up her yard that is full of trash and junk.
We had the most amazing Sunday at church this week. I felt the spirit teach me SO much. This message is true, every single part of it. I stand in awe sometimes at how true it all is. I know it with all of my heart. I truly know that this gospel is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so wonderful that we have it, and now we just need to share it.
We had interviews this week with President Killpack. Him and his wife are some of the greatest people I have ever met. He is truly a man of God and I am so greatful that we have leadership like him.
The message I would like to share this week is about the reality of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. We can never spend enough time studying and pondering of his life and ministry. The true test is if we can incorporate his teachings into who we are. I have been reading the New Testament and am almost finished. I encourage you all to read of his life again. As I have read it I have come to know him even more. I know that he lives, and that he loves us all. He want nothing more than for us to come closer to him.
I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and example. I am so happy, and hope and pray you all are as well.
Love
Elder Hughes
PS thought of something you could send. I need some good church music CD's so that we can listen to music in the car!!
I have a goal to write alot better letters haha. I need to start writing them out beforehand, because I always run out of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment