Monday, September 9, 2013

week 49 | Hello again from Tucson!


Hey there family!!!

It is great as always to hear that you are all doing well! I love to hear that. I think about you lots. Thank you for all that you do for me. It is each of you that have made all of this possible. I cannot believe that we are entering September! What a ride it has been. We are entering the last week of the transfer, this transfer has FLOWN by. I think every single one gets faster and faster. I feel like I just got here to Tucson. It is very likely I will still be here next week, but we never really know what will happen... so we will see!!! I would love to stay here. Sometimes it can take a whole transfer to get an area up and going. I truly know that the Lord puts us exactly where he needs us.

Like you guys I felt exactly the same way about this week. It was so busy, that it has been hard to get a grasp on what to write to you today haha. Our area is doing well. We have been focusing alot on helping alot of these people progress. It is different for every person. So it is kind of like a puzzle sometimes. R is doing really well. She and her daughter came to church this week which was really good. I have always felt something special with her. She has been investigating the church for a while now. We set a new baptismal date with her, and we are motivated to really help her accomplish it. Satan does everything he possibly can to prevent these people from progressing. It really is a war, and we get a front row seat. The wonderful thing is that we know who always wins, our Savior. It has been amazing to watch and witness that in the lives of others and in my own life. This is a real war. I have never been so aware of that as I have here on my mission. Thankfully, wonderfully, we are on the winning team, and we have the most powerful tools there are. That is why we must use them. I have seen time and time again that when people really read the Book of Mormon, when they really pray, and when they come to church (use their weapons) Christ always wins. The heartbreaking thing is watching people not use the very things that will save them. We have some really cool people that we are going to start teaching this week. One guy is named A. He is a really cool guy, he accepted right away to read and to come to church, which is always a good sign. We are going to teach him tonight. Pedro we have had a really hard time getting a hold of this week. We are teaching this kid named M. HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE RILEY. It is actually a little freaky. It is kind of distracting when I teach him haha because I feel like I am staring right at Riley. He is 13 and is a way cool kid.
I got to go on exchanges this week in Rio Rico, which is right next to Nogales. It was a blast. It felt like going back home. I love that place, and the people in it. We had a few extra minutes so I got to go see Ig real quick. It was great to see him. He has been struggling at coming to church, so I reassured him and told him to make sure he goes. It was so great to be able to see him. The Zone Leaders told me that he came to church this week, which was great news to hear. I learned a ton on exchanges this week. Elder B is an awesome missionary. I have learned so much from him. We had alot of success on our exchange which was awesome.
Other than that there is not a ton of interesting things to report this week haha. Sometimes we have weeks like that.
I love this gospel so much. This work always brings new challenges and new opportunities every day. It is true what people say that it is the hardest thing I have ever loved to do. That can really only be learned by coming out here and doing it. I am so grateful for faith. When everything falls apart, when we don't know what to do, when the world rejects us, FAITH is always there pushing us forward to a brighter future. How grateful I am for faith in Jesus Christ. I know that he lives. It has been faith in him that has helped me in every single aspect of my whole life. He is the source of peace, happiness, and joy. We just have to get up, exercise some faith and follow him. I have been studying the life of Christ. What a life it was. He had perfect faith. He is our perfect example. Thank you for your example's of faith that have taught me so very much. Elder Benson told me something awesome this week. He said "There is nothing that 2 people can't do, if one of them is the Lord." How true that is.
I love you all so much. I say it every single week, because one time is never enough times. I love you guys. I feel of your prayers. Always remember the things that matter most.
Adelante y arriba!!!
LOVE

Elder Hughes


No comments:

Post a Comment