Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Coming to ya late this week! Better late than never eh! | week 50


HEY FAMILIA!
 
Sorry I am coming to ya so late this week. It has been an INSANE week. Oh goodness. I am looking forward to some day when life will slow down for just a moment haha. Now I totally understand all the times you said that mom. We had transfers on Tue and it was an insanely busy day, we barely had time to do anything much less email. SO I am emailing tonight.
 
Big news from transfers. I am training again here in Tucson. I was very surprised. I thought for sure that I would be able to finish training Elder B but the Lord sometimes has other plans. I became good freinds with Elder B. My new companion is Elder P (I hope I spelled it right.) He is awesome. I have never in my whole mission met a better missionary than him. No joke. I feel like he is training me haha. He is completely 100% fearless. He talks to everyone. It is so awesome. It is going to be a great transfer. What is so crazy to is that he was Brea Lindsays EFY counselor and he was in Tyler Clark's ward at SVU. Small world. It has been crazy busy. He is a convert and he is the only member of his family. He has an awesome conversion story. I have always thought that it would be awesome to be a companion with someone who was a convert to the  church. Elder R my MTC comp is now in my district, which has been super fun. It has been a blast catching up with him.
 
As for this week. It has been a really busy one. Unfortunately at the end of last week I had to deal with some pretty lame stuff going on in our district. It makes me really sad sometimes that it happens. It was a kind of bummer way to end the transfer, but we keep moving forward. So many problems in life can be avoided when we just remember to do things as Christ would do them.
 
The work continues to move forward. Our district is awesome this transfer. We have some huge goals as a district. I really think it is going to be a wopper of a transfer here. All of the missionaries here now are filled with faith and diligence. Truly that is the key to success in missionarywork.
 
R is still doing well. She is still on track to get baptized. Her last hurdle is giving up coffee. It is kind of funny to me that she has overcome IMMENSE trials to get to the point that she is at now, and the last one that is hanging on is coffee, but I know she can do it.
 
We had such a miracle investigator this week. We went on exchanges this week, and we found this lady named M. It turns out she had prayed that day that something would come into her life that would help her grow her faith in Jesus Christ. Then 2 hours later we knocked on her door. Coincidence... I think not. There are no coincidences in the work of the Lord. It was truly a miracle. We have continued to teach her. She is one of the most dedicated learning investigators I have ever had. It reminds me of teaching R. It is awesome. She takes notes on everything, she can't get enough. We still have alot of things to overcome, but I know that we have been led to her. God has a plan for her.
 
P has been in Mexico for a long time. His son was in a car accident, and is really really hurt. So we have been praying alot for them. We are excited to keep teaching him when he gets back.
 
It has been a crazy week. I feel like I cannot even begin to write all of the experiences I have had. I want to leave you with something I taught today in district meeting. Truly The Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion. In this church we say alot how important the Book of Mormon is, but we don't always have that in our hearts. TRULY it changes lives. There is a direct correlation with our investigators between how much they read the Book of Mormon and their conversion. It is direct. I have seen it over and over again. It is the exact same with us as members. There is still a direct correlation between our conversion and how much we feast on the words of that book. So this week I challenge you to read it, just like I challenge all my investigators. It will change you, it has changed me.
 
I love you guys. I PROMISE I will take more pictures. I told my companion that he has to help me with that goal haha. He said he will :) I will send you some right now, and then I will stick the SD card in the mail. Apparently I have become technologically challenged out here haha. Speaking of technologically challenged, to answer your question dad, we have been told that we will get Ipads and facebook and all of that awesomeness in the next 6 months sometime. I am excited!
 
I love you guys so much! Have a wonderful week! I will talk to you soon on Monday!
 
Love
 
Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment