Tuesday, September 3, 2013

week 48 | entering September!


Hello there family!!!!! I cannot believe that we are coming into september already!!!!! Holy cow!
 
Where has the time gone. It was another whirlwind week of here in Tucson. I am losing track of time lately. I am coming to you on a tuesday because nothing was open yesterday to email.
 
It sounds like you guys are doing great. Good ol football season is getting started. Sometimes I forget that those things exist haha. We kind of live in out own little world out here. Your weekend vacation sounded like a blast! You guys have alot of new places to bring Tanner and I to when we get back! I loved all the pictures. I love the beach too. That is so exciting Rachel starting BYU! How awesome! I need to email her.
 
The Lord has poured out the blessings on us this week. We have been really struggling to find really solid people to teach, and we have been led to some amazing people this week. I have learned so much about faith and diligence out here. Truly if we kneel down and have faith and then get up and work diligently, the Lord will answer. We found this awesome guy named P. He is so hilarious  He is very sincere about learning about the gospel as well. It has been amazing to be able to keep teaching him. He didn't accept a baptismal date last night, but I have a really good feeling about him. His wife was there and she made sure that we know that she is Catholic, but she actually helped us out a whole lot. She called him out every time he wasn't fully up front and honest with us haha. It was hilarius and quite useful.
 
We also started teaching a couple families! OH how I love teaching families. It is every missionaries dream to be able to teach entire families. One family we are really excited about and we are going to see them this week to teach them the first lesson. It seems like it is going to be really good timing in their lives. We also started to teach a family of born again christians, which is quite an experience. Let me tell you I am thankful for every single time I have ever read the bible when we teach them. It has been really fun, and interesting to teach them. There is another mexican family that we are going to start teaching this week as well. It has been exciting.
 
R is still doing great. We had a very very powerful lesson with her this week. She faces immense trials. I was able to give her a blessing. I am so thankful for the priesthood and the opportunity it gives me to help and serve others. She was so relieved and so thankful. She felt so much better. Truly the Lord loves each of us. I feel that every time I give a blessing.
 
We got to go to the temple this week! It was SO WONDERFUL. Oh how I love that place. It was awesome. I felt so much peace there, and recieved alot of personal revelation that I needed. If you haven't been to the temple in a while, I recommend a trip soon. The new temple video is breathtaking. It is awesome.
 
OH another amazing event of the week. We met Jesus Christ himself..... We were at a gas station and this homeless man started talking to us. He called us "his servants" and referred to the some new testament events that "he performed." We were a little confused until he told us that he was jesus. It was pretty hilarius haha. We meet some pretty interesting people. It was not how I imagined meeting christ would be like haha.
 
I love you guys so much. The work moves forward. I echo the words of my very wise brother Tanner. It is so important to love each other. That is the most important commandment, and when we look outward and forget about ourselves, everything fits into place.
 
I love you guys, I cannot even begin to write to you all the experiences that I have had. The church is true. It really really is. I am grateful every day for it.  I love you guys!
 
Love
 
Elder Hughes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment