Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Week Two | Semana Dos en el CCM (Week two in the MTC!!!)





HOLA!!!

Hey Family! I'm so excited to email you!!

Wow, it is hard to think back on a week here at the MTC. I have been studying ALOT here, which is great. We are all mentally exhausted by the end of the day. I have learned SO much about the gospel. My testimony of this work is strengthened every day. Every day I am so thankful for my opportunity to serve the Lord. Spanish is getting better, slowly but surely, it is definitely a challenge for everyone, but we all are getting better. I can understand alot of spanish, and always know what my teachers are saying, but it is a whole different challenge to actually talk. We have continued to teach lessons pretty much every day, which is one of the most humbling things I have ever done. We have to rely so much on the spirit to help us teach. That is why they have the program set up that way. I have felt the spirit calm me down so many times. We continue to learn alot, I have been staying pretty positive about it. Sometimes my district gets super negative, and I have tried to always help us to have a positive view on things. We lose 5 people from our district to the Guatemala MTC this week which will be sad, and Tanner leaves this week :( I will miss him SO much, but it is also so exciting. We play sand volleyball in gym every day which is a blast! I have gotten alot better at volleyball.

Sundays at the MTC are amazing, they are peaceful, and relaxing. With all the work we do at the MTC we also have a blast too. The Elders that live next door to us, who are in our zone are super funny, and CRAZY. They made a full on slingshot from an exercise band and shot gummy bears at the whole hall. Another interesting game we played was that we realized that we don't know anyone's first names, so we all tried to guess each other's first names. I was especially good at it for some reason, haha. I guessed two people's names in 3 tries :) We had another amazing devotional this week, the spirit was SO strong and taught me so much. I KNOW this church is true with all of my heart and soul. I have felt it time and time again. The Book of Mormon is the BEST book on earth, read it everyday, and our lives will be blessed tremendously. Preach My Gospel is the most amazing manual that the church has.

I hope Dad is feeling better, I prayed for you :) Thank you thank you thank you to all of you who wrote me letters!! The Voges, thank you so much for you package it made me so happy, the bread was wonderful, expect some mail in return :) Jamie, I loved your letter, I sent the reply to your house in Rocklin. Sis. Harless and Zack thank you so much for your letters! and the Buxton's and Rachel, thank you so much, expect some mail too :)

Oh crazy small world, Grandma and Grandpa. An elder that lives next door to me is from Layton and we figured out he is from your ward! Elder Seth Christensen. Such a small world.

Mom, send me some family pics and my friends missionary letters preeeety pleeeeassee.

 Mom, Dad, Rilo and Z man I love you guys so much! I miss you and LOVE you. I love our eternal family. You are always in my prayers.

Love your missionary,

Elder Taylor Hughes













No comments:

Post a Comment