Wednesday, October 10, 2012

First P-Day Email | Week One


Hola! From the MTC!!!

Hey family!!!!
It is finally P day here in the MTC! I have to type super fast because of having only thirty minutes :) Hopefully you got my letter that I finally mailed, I had to wait until I got your dear elder because Tanner and I couldn't remember the new address haha. I am doing wonderful! Mission life is great, it is REALLY tiring mentally but it is great! The spirit of the MTC is real, I feel it all the time. The first day here was absolutely nuts, probably the most overwhelming day of my life, but it was great. I have an awesome companion Elder R, he is so great. He is from Salt Lake City and he and I get along great. We are all in awe that it has only been a week here in the MTC, it feels like it has been a month. Our teacher is Hermano Wadsworth, and he is super cool. They don't waste any time dumping you into spanish. Our teacher hasn't said more than 5 minutes of english too us in a whole week.. which is hard. They definitiely  humble you. We have already taught 3 entire lessons in caveman spanish as we call it. It is amazing how the spirit helps us as missionaries. Elder R and I always get super anxious before our lesson, and are usually stressed after, but the spirit comforts us and guides us every time we are IN a lesson. I am so grateful for that. Thank you mom for your letter and food, I was surprised to find it. I love the letter, I love reading it. My district is great, we have 5 elders going to Tucson, one to Roseville CA, and 3 Hermanas are going to Guatemala. They are all wonderful, I will tell you more about them when I have more email time :) I see lots of people I know here, Elder R can't believe how many people I know here. I saw Cheryl! I have seen Elder Fletcher, Eirik and I hangout and talk all the time since he lives next door to me. Jaelyn Hatch's cousin lives next door to me. Alyssa Johnson is in my zone so I see her all the time which is great! I play volleyball with her district and we all go to the temple at the same time. It's super fun. I have seen Elder Greenwood twice. Sister E in our ward, her daughter, Sister S I have seen alot too!! Conference was SO great! You should have seen the gasp/scream/shock that every missionary had when they announced the new ages. I think it is wonderful! How exciting for the sisters. The spirit of General Conference was great! I loved to hear so many inspiring words from our prophets and apostles. What an experience it is to sing called to serve with thousands of missionaries. The spirit witnesses so strongly. Our days are full of studying and working all day. It is tiring, but we learn alot! I have grown so much in just a week here. The food at the MTC is... not that great.. but it works, I cannot even think about 8 more weeks of it haha. I love being a missionary!! The spirit is with us. I have felt many times that the Lord is really with his missionaries, he does not leave us without help. It is his work. Elder Bednar spoke to us on Tuesday night at devotional. It was indescribably amazing. The only thing he said about the new missionary announcement is that "The Lord is hastening his work on the earth." pretty awesome. His talk was awesome. He talked about the way he an apostle of the Lord studies the gospel, lets just say its really cool :) The spirit was amazing. Ok, dear elder. For some dumb reason Tanner gets all of my dear elder mail.... so I talked to the mailroom people and they said that when you submit mine, you have to put an X or another letter in front of my name, so that get it. Tell lots of people to write me, give out my address etc. I LOVE getting mail, it is like gold in the MTC :) I know this church is true. I love you all SO much, I pray for you and miss you. I am wrapping up this letter so I have time to send pics! I love you all so much!!!
Love,
Elder Hughes

and here is his second email:

bad picture news . . . 


I tried my best to attatch some pictures, but I can´t figure out the MTC computers... bummer. I love you all. Oh, I got some shots, and they were expensive... I will have them send you an insurance paper to fill out. Shots was actually interesting because another elder passed out BAD and faceplanted it from a chair, scary but kinda funny 


LOTS OF LOVE

Elder Taylor Hughes 

No comments:

Post a Comment