Monday, June 9, 2014

Is it really Monday again? | Week 88

Hello Family!

I share your feelings this week on the week going so fast. It flew by for us as well. This morning I was trying to think about what to write about, because I feel like I just wrote!!!

I love all the pictures that you sent! The hot tub looks good!!! I can't believe that Riley and Zach are growing up so fast! What happened?!? Sometimes I feel like I haven't gotten any older, but I got a little freaked out this week as I remembered I am turning 21 in the not so distant future.
It sounds like your summer is going to be packed full of fun stuff! Our families summer's were always packed full. All your trips will be great! That will be such a fun opportunity to learn more about photography. Is Riley working at sunsplash this summer?
As for us it was a busy and good week. Sometimes I really don't know what to write to you guys, because sometimes missionary life is pretty predictable, and just normal sometimes. We have been blessed with some really cool people to teach, they aren't progressing as fast as we would like, but we are enjoying teaching them.
As always I am just enjoying so much being a missionary. There will be no other time in my life when I can devote this much energy to the work of the Lord. I cherish that opportunity. I have been amazed to see the Lord's hand in my life, and the life of those that I teach. Elder T and I are also blessed with an amazing zone of missionaries. We have almost 0 problems, and everyone is working hard and seeing miracles.
We are teaching a man named C, and he is very unique. We came back after the first lesson, and he had studied intensely all the materials that we had left him with. Which is awesome. He is a researcher and an intellectual, so he has a very logical look at religion. That can be very good to an extent, but it also made me ponder the importance of how we learn spiritual truth through the spirit. It is through the spirit that we know of truth. All the other ways of learning are important and can apply to an extent to us spiritually, but the spirit is the ultimate teacher. We taught him very clearly about how to learn about spiritual truth. It was a very spirit directed lesson.
We are still teaching A's son M. He is doing great and is set to get baptized on the 21st now. We love being with them. I love their family so very much.
I love the ward here in Benson. It is filled with wonderful people. We have been blessed here, and we just keep pressing onward.

I have learned alot in the scriptures this week. I love the Book of Mormon. I think I should make a t shirt with that on it. It is such a wonderful book. It has guided me, strengthened me, and helped me throughout my whole life. Joseph Smith said it right when he said "a man would get nearer to God by abiding by it's precepts than by any other book." I know that is true, because it has been true in my own life.
I love each of you so very much. I pray for you every day. I am looking forward to being with you, in the meantime, there is still work to do!
I love you
Elder Hughes



My Companion is an Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment