Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day | Week 89

another Arizona sunset
Hello Family!!!

First of all Happy Father's day to you Dad! You were in my thoughts alot yesterday. I am so grateful for you and all that you have taught me throughout my life. Your example is what has taught me the most. You are a true example of honorable manhood. I think of you often, and I use what you have taught me every single day. I love you, and I am so blessed to be able to call you father.

It sounds like all is well at home. I like that. All is well here in Benson as well. It is a good place, and we have been blessed.

The week was pretty good for us. We are in the final preparation stages for M's baptism. He is getting baptized this week. He is doing great, and is so so so excited to get baptized. It has been exciting and wonderful to be a part of this process with him. That day for him will chart a course for his whole life.

We have been busy still trying to find more people to teach. The Bishop gave us a very long list of people on the rolls of the church who no one really knows, or knows if they even live here still. Elder Teichert and I have spent many many hours as 'God's FBI' of sorts searching for these people. It has been amazing to see the little miracles that took place. Most of the people have moved, but some are still there, and we were able to reconnect a number of people with the church. Through it we have also found a couple of part member families that we may start teaching. It has taken us a couple weeks to do all of it, and we are almost done now.

We are continuing to teach C this week. It is really a blast to teach him. It is fun to teach people who are committed to truly learning and growing in truth. It is a challenge, but it has been great. He reads every single thing we give him, and he really studies it. It has prompted lessons of very in depth discussion about the principles of the restored gospel. He is doing well. He will not be a fast progresser, but I know that he is genuine.

I went on exchanges this week to a tiny little town called Elfrida. It is real small. Smaller than Duncan even. It was a good day. We met an INSANE Japanese man. I don't think I can really describe him at all. I will not soon forget it. I didn't know whether to laugh or just sit there in shock. I enjoy being with the missionaries and helping them with the things they struggle with. Missionary work is not easy for any of us. It is a very challenging work. I have learned a couple things that have made all the difference in my mission, and have tried to pass those on to others.

This week is shaping up to be a good one. We have lots of good appointments set up. On a sad note, this wednesday will be the last time we will see President and Sister Killpack. We have our last zone conference with them on Wednesday. I am sad just thinking about it, but we are excited to get their parting counsel. I will miss them both dearly. I love them.

I love this gospel, and this work! I love the word's of the prophet Joseph Smith. They inspire me "Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad." I love those word's. Our cause is great! Shall we not go on?

I love you all so much and pray for you often. God bless you.

love 

Elder Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment