Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014!!!!!!!!!!!! | week 66

**Taylor filled our inbox today with pictures from the last month. It looks like he is having a great time!


Hey there family! Phew! I finally caught up on sending you guys pictures! YAY!!

I love the start of a new year! We had a crazy busy week here. We had a temple trip on Thur which took almost the whole day and then we had to make the almost 4 hour trek in to Tucson for our mission leadership conference. It was a packed few days. This was my first mission leadership conference and it was awesome. It is really cool to be able to share in the vision of the mission. The spirit was strong, it is such an exciting time to be here in the Arizona Tucson Mission. I love this mission. Every missionary says they are part of the best mission in the world, but the ATM truly is the best in the world!!!!! The day before at the temple was awesome. It is truly like the biggest deep breath when we get to enter the walls of the house of the Lord and feel of his love there. It is truly his house. It is truly a refuge from the storm. I felt so much peace there and received alot of personal revelation. Truly the only thing that could make it perfect is when I am in the celestial room with all of you!!!! The people I love most. That will truly be heaven. 

It has been a week of lots of different emotions and feelings. Sometimes this whole mission thing is quite the rollercoaster of emotions. We had some really tough days of work here this week. Sometimes no matter how hard you work, no matter how many times you pray, no matter how obedient you are, things don't always work out. The Lord is very good at testing our patience and endurance. There were many times this week when my companion and I looked at each other in confusion as to why every thing seems to be falling apart. We have done alot of praying and planning as to how we are going to get things going again. I am excited for the future. We are moving forward and I know that the Lord has so much in store for us. I love every moment of being a missionary. There really is nothing like it. It is full of joy. 

I love our little branch here. It is very small in size but very big in spirit. It is such a strong group of members. I love them all. I hope to stay here for a long time.

We did get to teach Mario and Bressany a family that we found last week. They got baptismal dates and we are really excited to keep teaching them. 

I love your words of excitement for the coming year! Truly it will be a memorable one. I am so excited for what it has in store. What an exciting time it is to be a missionary and to be a latter day saint.

For this coming week we are really excited to go see Elder Holland on Saturday! It is going to be amazing. I can't wait. It is going to be really strange. For a period of time on Saturday there will be no full time missionaries in the boundaries of our mission. Kinda weird to think about.... It think it kind of freaks President Killpack out haha.

It is going to be an exciting week in the work. I love this work. It is true. Remember how blessed we are all. I love you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love 

Elder Hughes

























No comments:

Post a Comment